Full Time experienced Groom/Rider required for small private yard with 2 large hunters and 2 ponies located on beautiful private country Estate approx 20 minutes from Newmarket CB8.
We are looking for temporary cover until the Head Groom comes back from having her baby.
- 5 day week with weekends included – 2 days off every week where possible
- 8am to 5.30pm – usually Monday to Sunday
- Sole charge and management of the yard and 4 equines all to a very high standard
- Building and maintaining fitness levels, so good rider essential
- Supervising fearless 9 year old child and friends
- Care of tack and tack room
- Understanding feeding regimes
- Basic equine first aid knowledge
- Paddock maintenance
- HGV licence would be huge advantage or trailer licence
- Reliable, enthusiastic and friendly with a good work ethic
- Confident, competent rider who can school, hack, hunt and accompany children on rides and to shows
- Excellent turn out skills – clipping, plaiting, trimming etc
- Possess very high standards keeping the yard and horses in top condition
- Carry out basis equine first aid
- Lorry licence(HGV) would be an advantage.
- Car driver essential
- Show flexibility with days and hours
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful, fully referenced person who can cover this temporary position .
Tel Jackie 07979501997 or Rebecca 07771655879