One of the world’s most prestigious and successful Thoroughbred and Arabian breeding operations is currently looking for an experienced Stud Hand.
The role consists of the following duties within a busy yard:
- Providing effective care and welfare of horses and maintenance of surrounding areas.
- Carrying out routine horse husbandry duties (mucking out, feeding, grooming, leading and moving horses within the stud).
- Holding horses for farrier and veterinary procedures.
- Assisting in the rehabilitation of horses through correct and approved procedures.
- Travelling horses to exercise or move to other locations as directed.
- Driving and operating plant and machinery (tractors fitted with trailers, grass cutting, dropping picking).
- Carrying out maintenance of the stud and surroundings as directed, including boxes, yards, paddocks, fences and buildings.
Proven experience, good communication skills and basic English is essential as a minimum requirement for this position, as well as the ability to work in a strong team environment.
The successful candidate can expect an attractive salary, package and benefits including pension, private healthcare and life assurance.
To apply, please contact Rebecca Rivett on 07771 655879 or Jackie Frost on 07979 501997 or send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
References will be required for this role. Application deadline: Friday 1st February 2019.