Stewart Landscapes are a forwarding thinking, professional and very well established domestic and commercial Landscape Construction Company based in Suffolk, 15 minutes from Sudbury. Multi award winning, our business currently has projects throughout East Anglia including Cambridgeshire and in London.
They have some large commercial projects and, because of their hard earned reputation for first class quality and service, many prestigious domestic projects. They work with several well known designers who know and are always confident that any project completed by Stewart Landscape Construction will be to the highest standard. Their company culture is one of rewarded hard work, second to none quality and customer service with committed team players who are all valued and encouraged
Sound Interesting ? The skills they are really looking for are:
A proven track record as a Landscaper – 5 years experience preferable
Brilliance in Brick and Block work, All paving and decking.
Experience in setting up sites and levels, interpreting drawings and specifications
Experience in use of different types of plant
Second to none positive and proactive attitude and a very critical eye for detail
Health and safety awareness essential and CSCS Card useful.
Driving Licence would extremely useful as would licence to tow a trailer
If you are interested in becoming a team leader previous experience of team management would be advantageous.
In return for your skills, hard work and positive attitude they can offer you:
An industry competitive salary
Any training that you think would be useful to enhancing your skills
Uniform and all equipment needed
An exciting environment with lots of opportunity to grow and for promotion.
Hours of Work
42.5 per week Monday to Friday inclusive of morning and lunch break each day
Other useful points worth noting:
Privately owned, growing company with ability to provide lots of career opportunities and progression. Their size helps them to get to know all their staff well ensuring that their needs and ambitions are met. They are committed to staff development and training.
Exciting mix of private and commercial clients, every job is completely different and always interesting.
Modern fleet of vehicles, machinery and tools. Strong culture and reputation for quality and customer service.
Team Leader – Skilled Landscape – Job Description
Job Title: Team Leader
Report to: Contracts and Commercial Managers
Job Overview: The Team Leader works closely with the Contract/Commercial manager to ensure the jobs are delivered on time and on budget whilst exceeding client’s expectations. The team leader is first and foremost an overseer whose main responsibility is to ensure that their team delivers the assigned amount of production, when they are supposed to do it and within acceptable levels of safety, quality and cost.
· Basic Principles of Horticulture
· Relevant experience / Qualifications in landscaping
· Understanding of Landscape Construction
· Basic knowledge of H&S requirements
· Awareness of project budgets
· Driving and towing
· Read and set out from design drawings
· Meeting deadlines and prioritising
· Appropriate communication internal and external
· Planning and preparing
· Ability to think rationally and problem solve
· Develop ideas
· Laying of all types of paving and setts and stone
· Block-work and Brickwork, retaining walls
· Setting up site levels
· Shrub and Tree Planting
· Turfing and Seeding
· Non-specialist tree work
· Tickets / Experience of using Plant Machinery safely
Training and Certification:
Team Leaders are required to undertake any training required to fulfill their role as directed by the company. Team Leaders are also required to carry out on the job training for those working within their teams to support development throughout the company. Below is a list of training that is preferred and not limited to
· First Aid Training
· In house – Team leader Safety Training
· CSCS Card
· NPORS Dumper
· NPORS Excavator
· Compact Tractor
· Rough Terrain Licence
· Cat Scan
Behaviors and attributes
There is an extensive list of Behaviors and Attributes that form part of our capabilities framework here is a list of 10 that are key to your role:
· Attitude, positive can do – A can do attitude and will always stay focused to fulfill our client’s expectations to the best of their ability and to the needs of the company.
· Committed – Gives 100% commitment to everything I do. Committed to the vision, mission and values and success of Stewart Landscape Construction.
· Communicator / Communication – Speak positively to team members ,customers and Stewart Landscape Construction in both public and private.
· Consistency – Consistent in actions so clients and team members can always feel comfortable dealing with me. .
· Desire – Strive to finish something at the time it is meant to be finished.
· Honesty – .
· Ownership and responsibility –
· Respectful promotion of the company and others in the team –
Salary: £30,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
September 4, 2020
Permanent / Full-time / Live out
Gardener / Groundsperson / Office / Professional & Other / Professional