Full Time Skilled Gardener required for historic, private country Estate located approx 6 miles from Braintree,Essex.
The ideal person will have horticultural qualifications to level 2 at least and hold PA1/PA6 spray certification. Chain saw experience essential as is use and care of large garden machinery including ride on mowers.
Excellent plant knowledge and identification is a must.
The gardens/grounds total 12 acres and comprise the following areas:-
- a one acre walled garden, mainly laid to lawn with herbaceous borders
- a new half acre kitchen and cut flower garden
- a Victorian water garden
- a newly planted Heritage orchard
- a large wildflower meadow
- a rose garden
- numerous mature and young trees ( many particularly rare)within the arboretum.
- expansive lawns
- various large ponds
- two acres of woodland with several glades and groves
There will be another gardener assisting part time as well as external contractors when required.
The successful Gardener will be reliable, enthusiastic with a genuine passion for horticulture. Someone who would really enjoy this opportunity to work within such beautiful surroundings. Good physical fitness and a very positive attitude essential.
The owners are passionate about their Estate and are looking to find someone who will work with them long term
A full driving licence and own transport are required as the Estate is rurally located.
Competitive salary offered.
Tel Jackie 07979501997 or Rebecca 07771655879