We are looking for an experienced Grower / Gardener to manage and maintain a large organic kitchen garden, situated in 21-acres of unspoilt, natural beauty within a wonderful Estate in West Norfolk.
This is a new and exciting opportunity that would suit a passionate professional, capable of successfully producing/growing seasonal vegetables, fruits and herbs all year round.
The ideal person will need to have a solid background in vegetable gardens and biodynamic practices, experience producing organic vegetables at a commercial level would be a huge advantage. The person needs to be able to work with nature, allowing it to flourish to be considered for this position.
As the Grower, you will be required to:
- Manage and maintain the kitchen garden
- Assist and collaborate on the food offering direction and vision
- Assist the Head Gardener in managing a team of gardeners and growers
- Liaise closely with the kitchen team in developing the cropping plan and timings, aiming for a continuous supply of vegetables all year round.
- Liaise with the kitchen team about seasonal vegetables and harvesting
- Work in conjunction with the kitchen team regarding times of glut, processing, freezing and fermenting
- Create a productive garden, focusing on soil health, fertility, diversity, crop rotation, companion planting etc
- Confidently buy seeds (organic and true bred varieties)
- Assist the Head Gardener with budget management, purchasing and ordering
- People management
We are looking to find someone who is hard working, trustworthy, honest and willing to go that extra mile.
Excellent working references will be required for this position. Car driver essential due to location.
Qualifications for this position are not essential but would be a real advantage.
For more information, please contact Rebecca on 07771 655 07979 501997879 or Jackie on