A great opportunity has arisen for a full time, Events/Business Development Manager at one of Norfolk’s pre-eminent retreats.
This person will be managing all business development and corporate bookings.
We are looking for a proactive, self-starter with a hunger for results and finding the perfect clients who will appreciate the retreats approach and beautiful spaces. This role requires a person who thrives on the responsibility of being a central figure to the inner workings of the operation.
It will suit someone who is target driven and sales focused. They will be methodical and thorough, have established contacts in the corporate world and be able to competently develop and execute a business strategy.
Someone who can create and maintain relationships with current and potential clients is paramount.
The ideal candidate will be a convincing salesperson who can walk the line between authentic, charming and no-nonsense. The role also involves coordinating in-house events and retreats in conjunction with the Bookings Assistant, Marketing Manager and Head of Operations.
We require someone who:
- Has an established network of contacts in corporate and events market, learning and development and has the initiative to generate new business.
- Has experience creating and executing business development strategies.
- Can work across multiple platforms including project management tools, booking systems, CRM’s and is generally IT proficient.
- Has the ability to constructively lead a team to enable optimum performance.
- Has the ability to give and receive honest feedback and contribute towards a positive work culture.
- Is detailed, organised, systematic, and energetic.
- Is a natural born salesperson! Someone who is continually looking for ways to improve and is willing to go the extra mile.
You will be required to:
- Manage and maintain the internal sales and booking systems, making improvement where necessary
- Assist, consult, and collaborate on the marketing and sales strategy, direction, and vision
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Operations and Marketing manager in developing and programming of in-house events for guests
- Manage a small team to enable maximum return, efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Take ownership of the sales budgets and forecasts for each aspect of the business, budget management and strategy
- Generate ideas and solutions for vacant space and undersold events
If you have got the sales experience and energy required for this exciting position then we would love to hear from you. Please contact Rebecca on 07771 655879 or Jackie on 07979 501997