Full Time experienced management accountant required for growing brewery and pub business located in Sudbury, Suffolk.
The ideal person will be working with senior management , pub managers and bookkeepers helping them make informed performance and strategic decisions through insightful financial information. The management accountant is expected to apply sound financial expertise, judgements and analysis to act as a business partner to the wider business, providing accurate and reliable financial information that meets/exceeds expectations, ensuring quality first time delivery and enabling the company to achieve budgets and maintain reporting standards.
- Accurate recording and reporting with a detailed understanding of variances to budget
- Performing monthly cost centre, profitability and other analysis and comparisons
- Be able to report the performance of individual pubs to senior management on a weekly basis
- Lead monthly, quarterly, yearly analysis of activities for the brewery and the pub estate
- Identify and drive process changes to improve accuracy pf reported data
- Review production costs, sales costings and margins
- Collate labour costs , identify and drive improvements
- Develop insightful financial reporting to drive financial and business KPI performance
- Be an essential part of the development and management of accounting systems to ensure company is fully complaint with statutory and group requirements
- Maintain constant communication between finance and other parts of the company including senior management and other managers
- Participate in the production of annual and 3 yearly rolling budgets, monthly year end forecasts and report these to the board and parent company.
- Liaising with the parent company finance team to ensure effective groups reporting and deadlines are met
- To contribute to the development and management of financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Manage cash flow through analysis, accurate forecasting and developing opportunities
- Comply with Health and Safety policy and procedure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Part of Fully Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Proven experience of driving improvements in process and business intelligence
- Knowledge of Sage 50 preferred but not essential
- Understanding of sector and competition activity
- Ability to develop business relationships with strategically important stakeholders
- Compliance with relevant policies
Monday to Friday
Competitive salary offered to the successful person who must be reliable, enthusiastic with a good team player attitude
Tel Jackie 07979501997