Full Time experienced Head Housekeeper required for large privately owned country house on fabulous Estate located on the North Norfolk Coast.
Holkham Hall is a wonderful lived in family home which also boasts being one of the 10 most magnificent palaces, houses and castles in England today as part of the Treasure Houses Group.
This is a ‘hands on’ position which will require a flexible and practical approach. The Head Housekeeper is responsible for the day to day operation of the private apartments and the overall standard of cleanliness of Holkham Hall. The aim is to direct and co-ordinate a small team of staff so that the family and their guests can enjoy a happy and balanced life in their home which is open to visitors..
Discretion, sensitivity and the ability to get’ stuck in’ and lead by example. Efficient use of resources, an excellent eye for detail and strong people management skills to ensure consistently high standards are maintained.
- Team management ensuring standards are met and exceeded as outlined in Household Manual. To coach and develop the team.
- Supervise and undertake the cleaning of the public and private apartments within the Hall. This will include furniture, pictures,ceramics and objects of exceptional value.
- Responsibility for recruitment, retention and training of all housekeeping staff. This will include regular appraisals.
- Co-ordinate preparations for visitors staying overnight in the Hall including allocating bedrooms, cleaning and laundry scheduling.
- Cleaning children’s bedrooms and play areas and to assist on occasions with supervision of the children when required and as directed by Lady Leicester.
- Supervise and carry out the laundry, dry cleaning and ironing of clothing and linen.
- Purchase household supplies as required, record expenditure and to deliver and collect items from suppliers. Liaise with florists and gardeners to ensure fresh flowers and produce available.
- Provide front of house support at public events in the Hall
- Support the Butler as required for private events
- Ensure all live-in accommodation provided in the Hall is maintained and manage handovers when staff leave and move in.
- Assist with meet and greet when necessary for private events.
- Be the main point of contact for Fakenham flower ladies and other florists(used for events)
- Flexibility to cover other duties which may be required.
- Good management experience, leading a team in the private service or hospitality environment
- Have a genuine commitment to work to highest possible standard with excellent attention to detail
- To be hardworking, flexible, energetic and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills to make people feel welcome in the Hall
- Be able to take direction but also work under your own initiative and solve problems
- Consistently demonstrate and able to develop in others Our Five Great Behaviours
- Ability to drive and cook if necessary
- Must have a full UK driving licence
- First Aid qualifications or willingness to attend training course
- Must be physically fit and have a good head for heights
- An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken before appointment is confirmed
Working hours will be 40 hours per week, excluding breaks and working patterns will include weekends and evenings so a flexible approach is essential. Holidays must be taken at agreed times.
Competitive salary offered.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.