Based in Newmarket, Jockey Club Estates manages a substantial property portfolio providing the finest facilities in the world for the training of Thoroughbred racehorses in Newmarket, Lambourn and Epsom. We have an opportunity for an Equine Collection Scheme Operative to join the team, based in Newmarket.
This role is responsible for working closely with the Equine Collection Scheme Manager to manage fallen equine stock both out on the gallops and from clients. This role requires the successful candidate to have a sympathetic yet methodical approach with the ability to remain calm in potentially high-emotion situations.
Hours: 40 hours per week, any 5 days from 7 by arrangement with your manager. This is a permanent position.
The successful person will:
- have previous experience working; as a Grounds Person, Farm Worker, Hunting/Kennel Person or Gamekeeper
- Possess excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including risk assessments
- Possess excellent organisation and communication skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- Be flexible and adaptable based on the needs of the role and the business, with a can-do attitude towards problem solving
- Possess a full driving licence and able to drive a tractor
Due to the nature of this role, there will be a requirement to be available at weekends and evenings as and when required, including an overnight on call
2 – 3 evenings a week and alternate weekends.
If you think you have the drive and determination to succeed in this role, please apply before the closing date of 12th August 2021. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
The Jockey Club is an equal opportunities employer. We want to create a workplace where you can be yourself, celebrating the fact that we are all individuals. We recognise the importance of having a culture where each other’s differences are respected and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
To apply, please follow the link below: