Full Time Groundsperson required for private country Estate located in Wickhambrook approx. 9 miles from Newmarket.
We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic person to join this small, established team all working hard to maintain this lovely property and grounds. The groundsman will be required to work across the whole Estate, which includes garden, farm, vineyard and rewilding .
This would suit somebody straight out of college or looking to start a career as a groundsman.
- Maintenance of all grass areas using pedestrian, ride on mowers and strimmers
- Maintenance of ornamental hedges using hedge trimmers and shears
- Weed control using manual and chemical methods
- Tree planting, maintenance and pruning
- Operating and maintaining the machinery keeping all items in good working order
- Demonstrating a good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- TRAINING CAN BE GIVEN WHERE NECESSARY
The Person will :-
- Be physically fit
- Be willing to work outside in all weathers
- Enjoy working in a small team and get on well with others
- Have a ‘Can do’ attitude, be highly motivated and be able to work using their own initiative .
- Be happy to work unsupervised
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to following instructions
- Have certificate PA1, PA6A and PA6AW or be willing to undergo training
- Have had chainsaw training or willing to obtain certificate
- Have a driving licence.
Advantages would be:-
- Having a Tractor licence and experience using a wide range of implements
- Having ATV experience
- Previous Hedge laying experience
The successful person will ideally live locally and have their own transport .
A good, competitive salary will be offered to a reliable, hard working person who really loves working as a groundsman. A fabulous opportunity for someone looking to join an Estate where training can be given.
Tel Jackie 07979501997 or Rebecca 07771655879