Full Time Experienced House Manager required for HNW family with beautiful contemporary country house located approx 8 miles from Banbury, Oxfordshire.
The House Manager will keep the day-to-day operations of the home running smoothly. Key responsibilities include:-
1) Ensuring effective diary management and communicating all changes and updates regularly.
- Inputting all relevant information into the household’s schedules and calendars ,including staff information and contractors
- Ensuring team have daily update on what lies ahead-ensuring family are kept up to date with any issues
- Daily meeting with on site Chef to communicate changes to guests, menu plans, dietary requirements ,mealtimes etc. Ensuring menus are signed off in good time by the family
- Producing a sanitised schedule for the team
- Planning ahead with a 2 week timetable.
2) Providing great customer service.
- Meet and great all visitors providing a personal welcome
- Advising Principals of visitor arrivals and recording visitor details where appropriate-including contractors
- Ensuring meeting spaces and client facing areas are always well presented and any faults or issues are reported in a timely manner and dealt with asap.
- Ensuring transportation is arranged for guests
3) Ensuring the house is appropriately stocked:-
- Carrying out periodic audits of household stock items such as bed linens, towels etc
- Ensure each room is appropriately stocked-making relevant parties aware of any missing items or issues
- Ordering all cleaning materials
- Food ordering alongside chef.
4) Responsibility and accountability for household projects /maintenance
- Scheduling home maintenance and repair work, supervising contractors on site
- Dealing with tradesmen, suppliers and contractors
- Maintaining project log and ensuring it is updated frequently and the Financial Controller is kept updated
- Managing security alarms
5) Managing and maintaining correct staffing levels.
- Supervision of other household staff, such as housekeepers, private chefs, groundsman
- Always manage and maintain correct staffing levels, planning for holidays and sicknesses. Forward planning for daily catering and receptions to ensure correct number of staff
- Assisting housekeeping team with cleaning duties when required
- Making sure the team are fully competent with the audio-visual equipment located in meeting rooms and making sure they are checked and ready for use.
6) Additional Management Duties
- Maintaining and updating household manuals
- Submitting staff appraisals-ensuring they are carried out in a timely a constructive manner and feedback is captured and stored on their employee file.
- Management of petty cash.
There may be other duties that the House Manager will be required to undertake from time to time. Someone with a flexible attitude and a good easy to get along with personality
Generous salary offered to the successful person and accommodation.
Car driver and non smoker
Tel Jackie 07979501997 or Rebecca 07771655879