Full Time Head Gardener required, preferably with horticultural qualifications, to head up this small established team managing beautiful, formal gardens totalling 8 acres.
- Full Time – 40 hours a week
- Heading up a small team of gardeners and groundsman
- Managing 8 acres (6 acres of formal garden)
- Lawn care( use of large garden machinery)
- Restocking and replanting following plans and using own initiative
- Working closely with property owners who are passionate about their garden
- Excellent understanding or seasonal requirement within the garden
- Areas of garden include-formal lawns, formal borders, cutting garden, greenhouse, vegetable garden, topiary, pond, terraces and more.
The Person will :-
- Be Reliable, enthusiastic with a genuine passion for horticulture
- Have Excellent plant knowledge (RHS qualification preferred)
- Work well within a small team and be able to advise, guide and assist others
- Be able to read landscape drawings and create new areas gin the garden when required
- Be able to successfully grow vegetables, fruit and manage the greenhouse
- Be able to use and maintain large garden machinery (ride on mower, strimmer etc)
- Have good experience with topiary and general hedgecutting
- Understand the seasons and be able to plan the work ahead
- Be fit, active and have the ability to carry out some heavy work
Good salary offered to the successful, fully referenced person.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997 or Rebecca 07771655879