Part Time Gardener/Groundsperson required to join small team working within beautiful gardens and grounds near Dorchester, Dorset.
The ideal person must be reliable with a really good work ethic and a genuine passion for gardening .
Other garden staff include the Head Gardener and 1 other part time gardener so this is not a lonely position.
Ideally the gardener will be able to commit to 3 or 4 days a week totalling 32 hours and a good salary will be offered. This can be a full time position if the successful person is happy to help around the farm .
This can be a live in or live out position .
Accommodation available on site – 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms so would suit a couple.
Someone who can cover security and pet care when owners away would be great.
The Gardener/Groundsperson will :-
- Be able to use and maintain large garden machinery – ride on mowers etc
- Have good horticultural knowledge although qualifications not essential
- Be a good team player, easy to get along with
- Able to follow instructions
- Be happy working in all weathers and understand the demands of the seasons
- Have experience working within a formal garden, greenhouse, cutting garden etc
- Be happy being on site when owners away for security, pet care and dealing with tradesmen.
- Be happy to work around the grounds and property keeping all areas clean and tidy
- Chop logs for the house
- Sweep and rake leaves
- Keep driveways , paths and tracks clear and tidy
Tel Jackie 07979501997