Full Time experienced House Manager required to join this wonderful private household located between Ipswich and Stowmarket.
This is a fabulous opportunity to work in one of Suffolk’s most beautiful, large country houses.
Previous experience within a private household is essential for this role as are excellent checkable references.
What matters most to the family is personality and fit and finding somebody who can be completely trusted to look after this magnificent home.
The working week is Tuesday to Saturday with flexibility for full weekends off when the house is not busy. The successful person must be happy to work full weekends, with days off in lieu and also to work over some of the Christmas Period.
Own accommodation available on the Estate.
- Being first point of contact in the house for other departments on the Estate
- Event Management
- Serving family and guests
- Driving duties and upkeep of the cars
- Responsible for overall security of the property, including when the family are away
- Dog walking and care of the dogs when family away
- Managing refuse collection/recycling and taking bins to collection point
- Managing deliveries
- Some housekeeping alongside the housekeeper and her assistant
- Overseeing contractor call outs and maintenance work
- Keeping the house supplied with logs and kindling
- Pool maintenance alongside the contractor
- Light house maintenance (changing bulbs, winding clocks, laying and cleaning fires etc) and inventory/purchasing of supplies