Part time experienced Gardener/Groundsperson required for private country house located approx 3 miles from Hadleigh, Suffolk.
This a lovely 9 acre garden comprising formal areas, lawns, meadow, parkland, trees, kitchen garden and greenhouse.
The current gardener is retiring after 12 years so this is a highly recommended position.
The Person will be:-
- Reliable, punctual and hard working
- Polite and easy to get along with
- Experienced with all things horticultural-plant identification, landscaping, etc
- Able to use and maintain large garden machinery including ride on mower and small tractor
- Confident using a hedge cutter, chain saw, sprayer etc
- Happy to cut logs for the house and tidy all areas around the property
- Able to keep lawns cut and looking good at all times also top the meadow and keep parkland neat.
- Experienced with caring for trees, hedges and shrubberies
- Able to take care of the greenhouse and kitchen garden understanding the seasons as far as growing vegetables and fruit are concerned.
Someone who is passionate about gardens preferably with RHS qualifications but this is not essential as experience and a good fit are most important.
Good salary offered
Tel Jackie 07979501997