Full Time experienced Gardener/Groundsman required for large private country house located approx. 4 miles from the village of Lavenham in Suffolk.
The ideal person will be horticulturally qualified with fully checkable references from previous gardening positions.
This is a full time Monday to Friday position with the flexibility to work weekends when required(occasionally)
- Use and maintenance of large garden machinery including ride on mower, strimmer, hedge cutter etc
- Excellent plant knowledge to carry out any new landscaping projects
- The ability to maintain 6 acres of formal garden and grassland.
- Pool maintenance
- Formal border care
- Vegetable garden
- Keeping driveways, ditches etc clean and clear
- General tidying of all areas around the property
- Occasional driving duties
- Possibility of working at another location if necessary
- Enthusiastic with a good work ethic
- Happy to work alone
- Flexible with times and possible weekend work
- Must have a clean driving licence and own transport
- Sprayer and chain saw certificate preferred
- Within half hour of Lavenham preferred
- Friendly, easy to get on with personality
A generous salary will be offered to the successful person