Would you like to cook fresh produce from a Biodynamic Vegetable Garden for a Vegetarian Café and Retreat Centre?
West Lexham is a 22-acre retreat centre based around heritage farm buildings, converted for overnight stays, treehouses, cabins and bell tents for glamping in the woods. It is a family run business with a small and dedicated team, with very exciting clients from all over the world. West Lexham are run on renewables and best practice principles, ensuring an immersive, educational resource for guests.
They are now looking for a creative inspirational Head Chef. Someone who can develop inspiring menus for their beautiful timber framed Café, alongside their corporate and retreat group bookings. Utilising their very own growing garden and working alongside their growing team, whilst focusing on the very specific requirements of their discerning cliental.
This is a rare opportunity to produce biodynamic, organic and seasonal food. This role would suit an established Head Chef who desires to be creative and produce food with passion and flair.
We would love to hear from anyone who feels they would like to be part of our unique culture which values people and the environment.
- Create stunning seasonal and healthy menus based around food from their garden, that inspire guests and keep up with global trends.
- Nurture a kitchen team to create a positive and growth orientated working environment.
- Help create a great atmosphere in their open plan, and extremely beautiful Garden Café.
- Provide excellent customer service to all retreat residents and glamping guests.
- Successfully oversee the Kitchen operation and team daily.
- Oversee Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, quality and consistency of all meals.
- Working with the Head Grower on the fruit and vegetable growing schedule, incorporating external suppliers were required.
- Manage the budget and quote for events.
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience and skills
- 29 days holiday per year
- Full time hours are 48 hours per week
- Support & Guidance – You will be guided and supported by a dedicated team
- Excellent work environment
- Dog friendly site
- Staff discount in the cafe
- Casual dress
- Accommodation may be available
- Free Parking
This year they are extending their fruit and vegetable garden and putting in a fruit cage and heritage varieties of apple, pears and plums. They also hope to do more foraging as they have every indigenous tree and shrub there, water meadows and thriving hedgerows. They have also opened several more events spaces, one of which is an Orangery full of grapes, citrus and stone fruit. They are also growing tropical food plants in the Café Conservatory. They are also completing a library and gallery space in early 2022.
There is plenty of scope and opportunity with this position as West Lexham plan to run their own specialist retreats, inviting artists, writers, skilled craftspeople and wellness practitioners to work with them to host an ongoing annual calendar of events.
They are committed to creating experiences and environments which serve the healing, wellbeing, and the creative engagement of their guests, visitors, and wider community. It is at heart a healing journey in a healing place. There are times for retreat and there are times for action and we want to facilitate both.
For more information about this fantastic position please call Rebecca on 07771 655879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org