Full Time Kitchen Assistant required for Independent school located in the beautiful village of Brettenham-easy access from Stowmarket, Sudbury and Hadleigh.
We are looking for someone reliable, with a good work ethic and the ability to work well within a team whom provide meals for pupils, staff and visitors to the school.
Working Hours 44.6 weeks paid including 28 days holiday inc. Bank Holidays
Term Time plus 4 weeks ( 38 weeks) 2 week rota
Week 1: 7.30 – 3.15 pm Monday to Friday
Week 2: 7.30 – 3.15 pm Monday to Friday
10.45 – 18.30 Sunday
19 kitchen cleaning days out of term
- Assisting chef with food preparation and other duties
- Sunday cook already pre-prepared meals for lunch and supper-serving the children in the dining room
- Undertake dining room duties, including serving of correct portions of food and beverage at the designated times to staff, pupils and visitors.
- Assist with school functions and events
- Washing up crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Undertake daily and periodic cleaning
- Hand in lost property from dining room
- During school holiday undertake more thorough cleaning as directed by Catering Manager
- Keep Health and Safety skills updated and adhere to safe working practices
- Report defects and maintenance requirements
- Must be a good team player but able to work using one initiative
- Must have the ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Must possess basic food handling skills
- Understand child protection issues
- Experienced in food presentation in a commercial/educational environment
- Will hold a Food Hygiene certificate
We are looking for an honest, reliable, punctual person with good interpersonal skills.
Conscientious with a willingness to learn new skills
A well presented person who is self motivated with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
Tel Jackie 07979501997