Full Time experienced Estates Officer/Caretaker required for leading co-educational preparatory school located in the beautiful village of Brettenham-easy access from Sudbury, Stowmarket and Hadleigh.
37.5 hours per week with 28 days holidays(including bank holidays)
The Estates Officer/Caretaker will:-
- Required to drive the minibus ensuring pupils are collected/delivered to the prescribed stops on time. Undertake journeys to swimming and enrichment classes, also occasional airport runs.
- Keep the minibus clean and in good condition both inside and out
- Carry out a daily visual check of the tyres, lights, oil and water, fuel etc
- Keeping all journeys reported and good communication with the Estate Manager
- Undertake site security checks-surveillance ,alarms, locks and gates ensuring all entry points are secure outside school hours.
- Ensure all grounds are maintained in accordance with the agreed programmes of planned maintenance.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is in safe working order.
- Carry out repairs to furniture, equipment etc within their capabilities as a handyperson
- Read meters and monitor status of heating , lighting, water, drainage etc
- Assist with animals
- Operate site machinery such as snow clearing equipment
- Assist Estates Manager monitoring building and maintenance contractors on site.
- Carry out procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage in accordance with school policy
- Undertake first aid training and be fully up to speed with Health and Safety
- Keep high profile areas such as entrance halls and main circulation areas unobstructed, clean and maintained to an excellent standard
- Deal with deliveries
- Assist during school functions, lettings and events
- Deal with furniture porterage
Reliable, trustworthy , well presented person required who has a good work ethic and is easy to get along with.
Checkable references will be requested and a DBS check will be required.
Tel Jackie 07979501997