Exciting opportunity for growing retreat in glorious Norfolk.
Would you like to cook fresh produce from a Biodynamic Vegetable garden for a Vegetarian Café and Retreat Centre?
West Lexham is a 22 acre retreat based around heritage farm buildings, converted for overnight stays, treehouses, cabins and bell tents for glamping in the woods. It is a family run business with a small and dedicated team, with very exciting clients from all over the world. They are run on renewables and best practice principles, so as to be an immersive educational resource for guests.
West Lexham are looking for a dynamic Sous Chef to join the expanding team. Someone who can help create and assist developing inspiring menus for their beautiful timber framed Café, alongside their corporate and retreat group bookings. Utilising their very own growing garden and working alongside their exceptional growing team, whilst focusing on the very specific requirements of their discerning cliental.
This is a rare opportunity to produce biodynamic, organic and seasonal food. We would love to hear from anyone who feels they would like to be part of this unique culture which values people and the environment.
- Assist with the creation of stunning seasonal and healthy menus based around food from their garden, that inspire guests and keep up with global trends.
- Nurture a kitchen team with Head Chef to create a positive and growth orientated working environment.
- Help create a great atmosphere in our open plan, and extremely beautiful Garden Café.
- Provide excellent customer service to all retreat residents and glamping guests.
- Assist with Health and Safety, Food Hygiene compliance, quality and consistency of all meals.
- Working with the Head Grower and Head Chef on the fruit and vegetable growing schedule, incorporating external suppliers were required.
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience and skills
- 29 days holiday per year
- Full time hours are 48 hours per week
- Support & Guidance – You will be guided and supported by a dedicated team
- Excellent work environment
- Dog friendly site
- Staff discount in the café
- Casual dress
- Accommodation may be available
- Free Parking
This year they are extending their fruit and vegetable garden and putting in a fruit cage and heritage varieties of apple, pears and plums. They also hope to do more foraging as they have every indigenous tree and shrub available, water meadows and thriving hedgerows. They have additionally opened several more events spaces, one of which is an Orangery full of grapes, citrus and stone fruit. They are also growing tropical food plants in the Café Conservatory.
For more information please call Rebecca on 07771 655879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org