This is a fantastic opportunity for a lightweight, experienced rider / groom who is looking to work with smart Pony Club / Competition ponies. The person will purely be in responsible for the daily care of the three children’s wonderful ponies including:
- Mucking out
- Poo picking
- Pulling manes/tails
- Tacking up
- Exercising, lunging and schooling (between 123cm-130cm)
- Supervise riding after school
- Driving small horse lorry
- Getting the ponies ready for lessons, competitions etc
- Competition preparation, washing, plaiting, trimming
- Taking the children and their ponies to shows, Pony Club and rallies
- Liaising with farriers and vets
This is a full time position but the person must be flexible.
Core hours would be 8.00am-12 and when the children are riding after school they would be required to be there 5.00pm-7.00pm
Approximately 35 hours a week
This is a live out position so someone local to Newmarket would be preferable. The yard is based in the centre of gorgeous Newmarket and is a busy and bustling. Due to the nature of the position weekends will be required too. This would suit someone who loves horses and enjoys helping children progress up the ladder.
Riding photos will be required as well as excellent working references and an up to date DBS check.
The children are aged between 5-9 years.
For more information, please contact Rebecca on 07771 655879 / firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply directly please follow the link to our website below.