Part Time experienced Groundsperson required for farm and equestrian Estate located in Herringswell between Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds.
We are looking for someone to work alongside the established Groundsperson maintaining the grounds to a high standard.
The grounds comprise paddocks, meadowland, gallops, maneges and a full cross country course including ponds, ditches, hedges, tracks etc.
The ideal person will be reliable and flexible to allow for what needs doing throughout the seasons.
The days and hours can be by arrangement, ideally 1 or 2 full days a week or would consider afternoons/mornings for the right person.
The position :-
- Tractor driving with implements (harrows, topper, roller etc)
- Lawn care using ride on mower or tractor mower
- Quad use
- Strimming, cutting back trees, bushes, hedge cutting and ditch clearing
- Keeping driveways and tracks clear
- Repairing cross country fences and making sure routes to fences clear and safe
- Generally keeping the grounds maintained
- Assisting the gardener when necessary and helping around the farm during the winter
- Reliable, punctual with a really good work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experienced with large garden machinery and paddock maintenance
- Really good at maintaining lawns-formal and meadow land.
- Will have a chain saw licence and be experienced with hedgecutting
- Easy to get along with and have a friendly personality
- Will have a full driving licence and own transport
- Polite and comfortable liaising with Employer, other staff members and visitors to the cross country course.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997