Full Time experienced Gardener/Groundsperson required to join a small established team looking after the grounds of a luxury, boutique hotel on the outskirts of Hadleigh, Suffolk.
The position requires the gardener to work mainly Monday to Friday with the flexibility to work on a rota basis at weekends when necessary. This position will be mainly based at the hotel however the owner has other properties within a 10 mile radius so there will be times when you will be required to work at these locations.
- To maintain lawns to a very high standard using large ride on and push mowers
- To maintain decorative hedging using hedge cutters and shears
- To keep all formal borders weed free, restocked, pruned and neat at all times
- To keep the terraces pressure washed and all outside furniture clean throughout the seasons
- To keep car park and walk ways clean and tidy
- To supply the hotel with logs- using chainsaw( licence required)
- To use sprayer to keep areas week free
- Reliable, punctual with a good work ethic
- Will have a really good knowledge of plants ( a horticultural qualification would be an advantage)
- A good team player with an easy to get along with personality
- Will follow instruction from senior gardener
- Will have good experience in the use and maintenance of large garden machinery
- Happy to work outside in all seasons
- Local to the area ( within 40 minutes)
- A car driver with own transport
A good salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
For more information please contact Jackie on 07979 501997 / firstname.lastname@example.org