A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Rider / Groom to join a lovely small private yard in Woking. This is a full time, permanent position, Monday to Saturday (40 hours per week), evenings and weekends as required.
The family have 11 horses/ponies stabled at one time and there are two other stable staff onsite, therefore creating a lovely team environment.
The yard consists of 50 acres and has a large, surfaced arena. The facilities are wonderful making it a lovely place to work.
The successful person will ideally be light weight and able to ride ponies as well as horses. We cannot consider any novices. The person must be a competent, neat and effective rider as the horses will need schooling, jumping and sometimes competing.
Riding photos and videos will be required as part of the application process. Those that have competed in BE, BS, BD, Polo or equivalent would be preferable.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Riding school and exercising leisure/sports horses for competition
- Assist with lessons for beginners and an opportunity to compete
- Carrying out routine duties including mucking out, feeding and grooming horses within the stud
- Assisting with the distribution of food and bedding and the disposal of soiled and dirty materials
- Carrying out maintenance of the stud and surroundings as directed, including boxes, yards, paddocks, fences and buildings as required
- Travelling horses to exercise or competitions and shows as directed by the Supervisor and/or Training/Instructor
- Conducting all tasks in accordance with and observing the health and safety policies including the correct use of equipment and personal protective equipment
- Any other reasonable and equitable tasks as directed by the yardman or head lad as appropriate
- Required to occupy company accommodation for the better performance of duties, which include but are not limited to:
- Evening checks on livestock and property
- Emergency call outs; fire, gas leaks, environmental issues
- First point of contact and liaison with other stakeholders ie. emergency services, vets etc.
- General security
- Riding school experience/good experience with children; for ponies 12h to 16h.
- Excellent rider, flat work, jumping, assisting riders and competition work.
- Good communication skills and confidentiality are essential.
- Hardworking, flexible, enthusiastic.
- Reliable and flexible to meet the demands of the family as and when required.
- Previous work with children and/or families.
- Evidence of Right to work in the UK.
Accommodation possible for the right person.
For more information, please contact Rebecca on 07771 6557879 / email@example.com