Full Time experienced Stud groom required for private sports horse stud located in beautiful Suffolk countryside approx 15 minutes from Bury St Edmunds.
The stud has fabulous facilities including- indoor stabling, full size ménage, horse walker, gallops and well maintained paddocks all making this a great environment to work in.
This is a non riding position.
The position :-
- Care of mares, foals and young stock
- Halter training and general handling of the foals
- Yard duties to a high standard
- Lunging and long reining
- To train youngsters to load on to Equitrack, horse box and ramps
- Routine maintenance of the yard and facilities -weed control, grass mulching , fence repairs, power washing areas, painting
- Some tractor work required
- To be involved with marketing and photography
- Using social media – facebook, Instagram etc
The person :-
- Experienced with handling mares and foals
- Experienced with AI – handling mares in stocks
- Confident handling cheeky youngsters
- Reliable, committed to the job and easy to get along with
- Happy to work closely with the owner who is passionate about the breeding programme and provides first class care to the horses
- Happy working in a small team and working alone when required.
- Will be able to spot injury, illness etc and notify the relevant people asap
- Will be able to follow feeding and exercise regimes and be happy to take instructions
- Car driver( Manual)
- Lorry driver would be an advantage but not a deal breaker.
- Able to follow a worming programme
- Able to administer injections as directed by the vet
- NON SMOKER
There could be accommodation available for the right person close by but a local person would be preferred .
Salary will depend on previous fully referenced experience. Standard pension and holiday entitlement.
The successful person will be offered help with further training and courses.
For further details please contact Jackie 07979 501997 / firstname.lastname@example.org