A great opportunity has arisen for a private family hunt Groom / Rider in Newmarket / Suffolk.
This is a full time, permanent position, 6 days a week with some flexibility.
The family have 8 horses in total but only 4 hunters in work.
The horses all have wonderful manners / temperaments but will need an experienced rider to keep them fit / sound for the hunting field.
Non hunting days: 6.30am-10.30/11am- 3pm-4.30/5pm
Hunting days will change slightly
- All yard duties to an excellent standard
- Turning out essential (plaiting, clipping, trimming etc)
- Liaising with vets, farriers, dentist
- Riding 4 horses each morning – fantastic off road hacking available, gallop and horse walker
- Would be an advantage if the successful person could drive a lorry but this is not a deal breaker
Chance to hunt if the person is keen to do so, spare sub covered for the season
Shared accommodation available for the right person.
Wonderful working environment for friendly private family. This is a long term position and it would be great to find someone who is looking to become an integral member of this enthusiastic team.
For those that love their hunting and hacking this would be ideal.
Excellent references will be required
Riding photos and videos will need to be obtained as part of the application process.
For more information, please contact Rebecca on 07771 655879 / firstname.lastname@example.org.