Unique and wonderful opportunity for an experienced laundry assistant to join a lovely private estate / household in Norfolk.
The person will be working within the families Housekeeping Department and will be responsible for the high quality of laundry and repair service required in the linen room.
This a full-time position, 40 hours a week, with occasional weekends. Where a weekend is worked days off in lieu are given.
- To assist with the day to day running of the linen and laundry rooms within the House.
- To stock check the linens on the linen inventory.
- To ensure all clean linen from external laundry is counted and checked for damage and poor quality and is marked off against the appropriate laundry list.
- To assist with setting up of tablecloths for events.
- To operate a sewing machine and carry out repairs.
- To regularly check stocks of washing detergents in all laundry rooms.
- To assist with storing linen in the correct way.
- To assist with ironing and steaming garments.
- To record the linens issued for specific functions.
- To carry out maid duties during busy periods and during visits.
- To help with big events within the house.
- To ensure all laundry and linen rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- To take responsibility of the stock room and all cleaning products and to keep an accurate record of stock and update the necessary health and safety cleaning product data sheets.
- To clean areas within the house.
The person must be capable of showing the utmost respect, discretion, and confidentiality and be comfortable/confident in the presence of high-profile guests.
This position will suit an experienced Laundry Assistant who has previously worked in a similar environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and undertake projects instructed by the Head Housekeeper.
- Be exceptionally organised and thorough
- Present themselves well to colleagues, visitors, and guests.
- Carry out planned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Have a positive attitude to safe working practices.
- Be willing to undertake training.
- Be able to sew and darn.
Very friendly and welcoming team to join, exquisite working environment and excellent facilities.
Fantastic references will be required.
For more information about this great opportunity please contact Georgie 07920770284 or Jackie 07979 501997 / firstname.lastname@example.org.