Full time experienced Head Gardener required for beautiful 9 acre garden located in a rural conservation area in the valley of the River Chelmer.
The ideal person will have RHS level 3 qualifications or equivalent and have excellent plant knowledge to manage this established garden.
The gardens are regularly open for the national Garden Scheme so the successful person must be happy engaging with the public and be comfortable looking after groups if the owners are unavailable.
- Maintaining and improving the extensive borders that make up the heart of the garden. These include drought tolerant borders as well as moisture loving plants
- Kitchen Garden
- Mowing grass both formal and wild areas
- Hedgecutting which include box, yew and mixed hedging
- Pruning shrubs , fruit trees and rose training
- Coppicing for hazel stakes
- Propagation of seeds and cuttings
- Plan annual display of pots
- Assisting with cleaning 2 glass houses and conservatory
- Reliable, enthusiastic with a genuine love of horticulture
- Will have an easy to get along with personality and a good work ethic
- A passionate plants person
- A tulip enthusiast as well as a galanthopile
- Be familiar with all garden machinery – mowers and strimmers, blowers etc
- Will liaise with grass maintenance man to keep lawns healthy
- Be compete using organic pest control
- Car driver
- Fit and active
An excellent salary will be offered to the successful who can provide fully checkable references.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997