Part Time experienced Gardener required for private country house located approx 4 miles from Swaffham. The ideal person will have excellent horticultural knowledge and preferably be RHS qualified.
We are looking for someone to join this small team caring for the beautiful gardens of this country house. This is a part time 3 days a week position – 9am to 5pm or 8am to 4pm.
The garden has a great variety of areas so an exciting position for an enthusiastic and passionate gardener.
The Position will involve: –
- Reinvigorating what was once was a very special garden
- Renewing the compost system and mulching of all the soil
- Overseeing and assisting with hedge cutting
- Caring for new trees and all the shrubs
- Overseeing all the pots and very tasteful planting up each year
- Care of flower beds, cutting garden and small greenhouse
- Planting and tending the vegetable beds and greenhouse- picking and washing the produce for the house and renewing the herb garden
- Tending fruit trees and fruit cages
- Weeding, spraying, leaf collection, watering during the dry months
- Sweeping terraces and tidying before the weekend
- Being happy to muck in with any extra jobs around the grounds.
- Reliable, punctual, enthusiastic and passionate about gardening
- RHS qualified preferably or extremely experienced in all things horticultural
- Local to the area
- Car driver with own transport
- A good team player and easy to get along with
- Experienced with using and maintaining large garden machinery including hedge cutters, strimmers etc
- Will have excellent plant knowledge and be able to restock areas
- Be happy working outside in all weathers
- Will be conscious of the environment
A good salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
Please contact Jackie 07979 501997 or Rebecca 07771 65879 / firstname.lastname@example.org