Job title: School Secretary
Reporting to: School Business Manager
Start Date: September 2022
Hours: 3.pm-6.30pm, Monday to Friday, HH Term Time+ (38 weeks)
Salary: £10 per hour
Benefits: Meals are provided free of charge; gym membership; In-house training;
Purpose of the Job:
Holmwood House School is looking for an administrator to join its busy front office team. The ideal candidate will be friendly, approachable and will have a ‘can do’ attitude. You will provide effective, frontline support to the whole school and will be expected to act as the main receptionist for the school.
Duties will include:
- Answering the telephone and ensuring messages are taken accurately and passed on quickly.
- Answering and dealing with queries from parents and helping children and staff with queries throughout the day.
- Signing pupils and visitors in or out as necessary.
- Type and distribute correspondence, notices and minutes for staff.
- Work in the school’s management information system (iSams) to monitor morning and afternoon registration on a daily basis, liaising with form tutors and following up unexplained absences with parents, entering diary dates, pupil messages, etc.
- First Aid training to be undertaken in order to provide cover for the School Nurse.
- Administration of the school’s Breakfast and Biscuit (After School) Clubs.
- Coordinating the Afterschool activities schedule
- A range of other tasks as required.
This job description should be seen as indicative of the type of responsibilities included within the role and not as a comprehensive list.
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of working in a busy front office would be advantageous but training will also be given
- Unbeatable customer service skills and a confident telephone manner
- Neat and tidy worker with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, trustworthy and dependable
- Punctual, personable, proactive and good at prioritising
- Tactful, diplomatic and discrete
- Must have a good sense of humour!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any job offer would be conditional upon suitable references and DBS disclosure. The School’s Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy can be found by clicking here.
Please contact Jackie 07979 501997 / firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.