Full Time Senior Gardener required for large private Estate located just outside the village of Chippenham, easy access from Ely or Newmarket.
The Estate has 108 acres in total and comprises the following areas:
- Stud Farm with 30-35 stabled horses
- Modern Mansion with formal lawns, rose gardens, mature woods and vegetable garden
- 6 separate cottages on-site
- Railed paddocks
The established rose garden has the most beautiful roses as well as seasonal plants. The vegetable garden has trees, bushes and plants providing the Estate with produce throughout the year and ideally this area will be expanded.
- All maintenance of the stunning private garden to a high standard
- Working within a friendly established team
- Training and mentoring other staff members
The Person will have :-
- At least level 2 horticultural qualifications and a minimum of 2 years experience of working in a similar environment
- Excellent plant knowledge including herbaceous borders, pruning, rose care, fruit and vegetable propagation and fine lawn care
- A good knowledge of operation and maintaining large garden machinery
- Chain saw qualification
- Spray certificates ( PA1 and PA6) are desirable
- Enthusiasm and show great attention to detail at all times
- Good health and be physically fit as there can be heavy work required
- Great communication skills
- The ability to source, produce and present costing proposals to improve the Estate.
- A full driving licence
Fully checkable references will be requested and a DBS check will be required. Someone presentable and polite essential.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a skilled garden to work a beautiful private Estate on a permanent full time basis.
Please contact Jackie 07979 501997 / email@example.com for further information.