Experienced School Matron/Boarding Assistant required for one of the leading Pre-Preparatory and Preparatory schools in the country. The school is located in the village of Brettenham in the most stunning location.
The Matrons and Boarding Assistants are responsible for overseeing the domestic running of the Boarding Houses; which will include cleaning, laundry, maintenance, health and safety and medical arrangements for the individual pupils.
Liaising with Senior Matron, Head of Boarding and parents will be part of this role.
The Position :-
- To Contribute to pastoral care and well being of the pupils
- Provide first aid to pupils with minor illness
- To respond to medical emergencies – escorting pupils to dentist etc
- To administer medication in accordance with school protocol
- To keep accurate records of incidents, accidents, illness etc
- Check for head lice and other health issues
- To wake boarders and ensure they are well presented for breakfast
- Supervise pupils dormitory tidying and bed making
- To tidy dorms and check beds.
- To serve morning snack
- To attend regular meetings
- To provide sympathetic support to pupils having difficulties coping with school life
- To eat with and supervise children at supper
- Supervise pupils at bedtime, showering, bathing etc
- Reliable, trustworthy, kind and caring
- Genuinely love working with children
- Will have Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- DBS checked
- Will have previous school matron/boarding assistant experience or nursing experience
- Polite and well presented
- Will have excellent communication skills
- Sympathetic and sensitive to pupils needs.
- Car driver with clean licence
A competitive salary will be offered in exchange for 34 weeks work during the year plus 2 days at the beginning and end of each term.
Please contact Jackie 07979 501997 / email@example.com for further information.