Experienced Domestic Assistant required for a leading co-educational preparatory school located in beautiful grounds approx 15 minutes from Stowmarket in the village of Brettenham. Easy access from Bury St Edmunds and Hadleigh.
The successful person will be required to carry out the following:-
- Assist chefs in food preparation and other duties
- Assist with food service to include events and functions
- Wash up crockery etc to a high standard of cleanliness
- Undertake daily and periodic cleaning of designated areas and equipment
- Deal with lost property
- During school holidays assist with more thorough cleaning of all areas.
- Assist with loading and unloading goods and stores
- Report defects – for example light bulbs etc
- Update health and safety skills and knowledge through training programmes.
- Adhere to safe working practices and follow instructions given by Managers etc
- Reliable, punctual, polite, well presented and trustworth
- Self motivated with a ‘can do’ approach to work
- Will adhere to school policies
- Be prepared to undertake other reasonable duties related to the job purpose required from time to time
- Will have basic food handling skills
- Able to follow oral and written instructions
- Will be a good team player
- Will understand child protection issues
- Willing to learn new skills
Checkable references will be required and a DBS check will be applied for.
Jackie 07979 501997