Full Time Head Chef/Manager required for restaurant located within a country estate 5 miles south of Buckingham and 12 miles east of Bicester.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Chef/Manager to run the catering operations for the courtyard kitchen and events room.
The Estate requires someone who has at least 5 years experience in a similar role ,who understands the importance of serving, seasonal, locally sourced food and homemade cakes to their guests.
The kitchen is open Friday to Monday each week and the Chef/Manager will be contracted to 40 hours per week.
The shifts will be 9am to 5.30pm which will include weekend working, bank holidays and the occasional evening.
A very good salary will be offered to the successful person.
The Chef/Manager will:-
- Plan and create menus, incorporation seasonal ingredients
- Plan and create menus for events and special occasions in collaboration with clients
- Supervise and manage a team of catering staff
- Manage and oversee budgets
- Oversee food preparation, presentation and service to ensure that it meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Ensure kitchen operations are run efficiently and in compliance with health and safety
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors and suppliers
- Monitor inventory levels and manage food and supplies ordering
- Manage high levels of food safety and hygiene
- Collaborate with the front of house team to ensure all aspects of the customers visit are seamless
- Be a real team player, very hands on within the team as well as being able to manage the day to day management of the department.
The person will:-
- Have at least 5 years experience in catering management or in a related field
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Have good IT and communication skills
- Have experience in recruitment, management, training and staff development.
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team
- Be familiar with kitchen and food safety regulations
Contact Jackie 07979 501997 / email@example.com