A vacancy has become available in the NFU Mutual Lavenham Branch for a New Business Executive, who will be responsible for generating new HNW & Commercial business.
In this impactful role, you’ll be prospecting, tendering and most importantly, securing HNW/Commercial general insurance business. From generating HNW/commercial leads, to fact finding and visiting prospective customers and cross selling, you’ll drive sales and make results happen.
- Plan, prospect, select and sell SME and Mid Corporate Commercial General insurance products
- Develop and manage, via Microsoft Dynamics, your own pipeline of business that is sufficient to achieve targets
- Carry out external sales calls in a compliant and professional manner
- Identify and develop cross sell leads for Financial Services and Risk Management Services
- Work closely with your line manager, agency staff, and Sector specialists to understand the risk appetite and prospecting opportunities.
- Collaborate with Field Development Underwriters on your fact find and provide technical expertise on products and policies.
- Produce marketing ideas and events to support your pipeline growth, understand how to measure return on investment and follow up on the leads you receive from events and marketing.
The successful applicant should:
- Be a self-motivated individual
- You’ll come to us from a similar sales-focused role. You will thrive on challenge and love the buzz of closing deals, exceeding targets and reaping the rewards, before moving on to your next sales opportunity.
- You’re resilient, tenacious and you’ve exceeded sales targets in previous roles.
- You’re confident lead generator and have experience of getting past the gatekeeper.
- You build up an understanding of customers’ businesses, have the ability to negotiate to win the sale, spot opportunities to cross sell and pride yourself on developing solid relationships.
- Have good time management and organisational skills
- Be willing to learn and be enthusiastic
- Have experience in networking
- A desire to work towards agency targets
- The ability to identify, understand and prioritise customer needs in order to deliver a high standard of advice and service
- The Ability to assist others in developing existing and new business
- The Ability to manage and prioritise workloads effectively
- The Ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and openness to new ideas.
- While you’re tenacious in your approach, you’ll put people first and make sure their experience reflects our longstanding reputation for outstanding customer service.
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at Grade C, including Maths and English.
- Ideally working towards the Advanced Diploma in Insurance or desire to in the future.
- Current UK Driving license
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and sales support systems
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Access to staff pension scheme (employer to contribute)
- Opportunity to build a successful career in a business set up for growth.
- Deliver Results
- Customer Focus
- Personal Effectiveness
- Executes Successfully
- Business Focus
A very industry competitive salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997