A fantastic opportunity has arisen at one of Suffolk’s superb private schools.
The main focus of this position is to provide the Headmaster with a comprehensive administrative and secretarial support service so that they can undertake their role with maximum effectiveness.
37.5 hours per week, plus 16 weeks out of term: mornings only
£34,812 – £39,171 per year (The salary range prorated for term time)
August 2023, Apply by 9 Jun 2023
The main responsibilities
- Oversee the management of reception staff to ensure smooth operation.
- Act as Clerk to the Governors.
- In liaison with the Registrar, manage the Headmaster’s diary and appointments in order to make the
most effective use of his time.
- Attend weekly calendar meetings.
- Plan and organise internal and external meetings as required by the Headmaster, ensuring that
appropriate information, facilities and refreshments are provided, and making travel arrangements if
- Deal proactively with all incoming and outgoing correspondence, including drafting letters and emails,
in order to ensure that an appropriate and timely response is given to all communications, including
- Prepare documents, reports and presentation materials, using appropriate software and ensuring that
the quality of work produced is appropriate for its purpose and produced within required timescales.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Prepare and distribute daily minutes of staff briefings.
- Assist the HR Executive Assistant in formulating shortlisting and interview panels/schedules for all
- Liaise with the SMT annually to coordinate the review and update of policies.
- Assist the Headmaster in the appraisal cycle of academic staff, alerting staff of review meeting deadlines
and collating all documentation.
- Assist the Headmaster with the annual review and preparation of the staff handbook.
- Coordinate annual census returns (DFE & ISC).
- Oversee the expansion of The OBH Society Directory.
- Assist in communicating with and organising events for The OBH Society.
- Line manage the Reception Secretaries, providing cover as and when necessary.
- Carry out Reception Secretaries’ annual appraisals.
- Identify training and further development for Reception Secretaries where necessary.
- Provide the Board with committee papers and take minutes where required.
- Assist the Committee Chairs in preparing agendas.
- Provide new Governors with appropriate induction materials.
- Ensure that Companies House and Charity Commission Trustees data are maintained.
- Marketing and external links, including public occasions
- Contribute to the positive promotion and marketing of the school in the local and wider community.
- Ensure that all prospective staff and callers to the school receive an efficient, professional, approachable
and welcoming service, in line with the ethos of the school.
- Attend school events where appropriate, e.g. Open Days or performances.
- Administrate the Classlist app.
- Assist with the proof-reading of all internal and external publications.
This job description should be seen as enabling rather than restrictive and will be subject to regular review.
For more information, please contact Jackie on 07979 501997 or Rebecca 07771 655879 / firstname.lastname@example.org