Full Time ICT Teacher & Technician required for one of the leading independent pre-Preparatory and Preparatory schools in the country. This is a co-educational school and caters for pupils up to age 13. The school is located in a beautiful part of Suffolk not far from Lavenham, Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.
We are looking for a full time experienced person to join the team to ensure the ICT systems are developed in line with the schools requirements for teaching and learning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and hard working person with a passion for education. Someone who has the ability to inspire, motivate and support the pupils with a proven track record of academic successes within the subject area.
The ideal person will be able to manage the learning of individuals, groups and whole classes effectively, using teaching techniques appropriate to suit the stage of the lesson and the needs of the learners. Excellent communication skills essential to liaise/report to Head, other staff and parents making sure accurate records are kept. Someone who can maintain good order and discipline among pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both in school and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To monitor the running of the servers and network PCs administering maintenance when necessary.
- Manage and maintain the backup of the schools electronic data
- To oversee the licences for OBH cloud based and software agreements/subscriptions ensuring the school is compliant with the ICT licence requirements.
- Ensure correct operation of the school’s MIS and to manage its integration with other software packages.
- Monitor the reliability, performance and availability of the schools ICT network infrastructure
- To have an overview of Microsoft and other online app applications’ configurations.
- To provide support to staff and parents for any online teaching that takes place
- To monitor correct operation of our firewall systems, wifi access points, including switches and the internet line.
- To manage the school’s internet domains / SSL certificates
- Monitor the online Safeguarding internet filtering.
- Maintain all classroom devices, including ipads, laptops, whiteboards and projectors.
- To assist the office with management of the school’s mobile phones
- To assist the office with an overview of the correct running of the school photocopiers, liaising with suppliers when appropriate
- To oversee the correct working of the school telephone system, liaising with suppliers when necessary.
- To provide technical support and assist teaching and admin staff with use of the network and software when necessary.
- To support staff with the use of their school laptops and ongoing maintenance.
- To arrange and /or check correct operation of Audio-Visual equipment for talks, assemblies and speech day.
- To assist teachers in the ICT Room when necessary
- To arrange for the disposal of old equipment in accordance with the WEEE directive.
- To assist with and help lead new projects such as testing new systems or services, installation and training staff.
- To liaise with the Director of Finance and Operations regarding the ordering of new equipment, consumables and services demonstrating best value within the ICT budget
- Manage a register of ICT Assets
- Ensure appropriate “housekeeping” tasks are implemented
- Work with 3rd party suppliers in regular maintenance of programmes or trouble shooting in the resolution of ICT faults and installations.
- To conduct presentations and compile reports
- Ensure the schools ICT systems are protected from security vulnerabilities and processes are in place that adhere to the ICT policy
- Define and implement ICT Procedures for the School
- Develop robust disaster recovery platforms and procedures and perform periodic Disaster Recovery (DR) testing
- Work with academic and administrative stakeholders to help define and develop ICT strategy solutions to meet the future needs of the school.
- Ability to teach Key Stage 2 curriculum
- Ability to use a range of teaching strategies in order to meet the needs of all students
- Sound behaviour management skills
- Dedication to promoting subject or key stage within the school and marketing within and outside school
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, school based staff, governors and external bodies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work harmoniously with others(including pupils, colleagues and parents)
- Confident user of ICT to aid administration and learning
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Up to date with latest developments in teaching
- Must have a really good background in IT with strong hardware knowledge and understand the latest trends in ICT
- Experienced in Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Server operating systems
- Experienced in working with a service desk.
- Proven experience of server and network infrastructure
- Proven experience in design of ICT systems
- Experienced in managing 3rd party service products
- The ability to diagnose and resolve technical errors
- Be able to implement technical solutions
- Expert understanding of ICT Hardware and Software
- A graduate, MCSA/MCSE or equivalent or ITIL foundation level
- Qualified Teacher status or a willingness to gain qualification within a reasonable period
- Proven track record of academic success within the subject.
The new staff member will be offered a competitive salary and a wonderful environment to work in
Tel Jackie 07979 501997