Full Time experienced Head Gardener required for large private Estate located in the most stunning location approx 9 miles South East of Newmarket.
The incoming gardener will have horticultural qualifications and excellent plant knowledge to manage these beautiful gardens to the highest standard.
The head gardener will be assisted by 2 excellent part time gardeners to ensure everything is kept at it’s best. There are 2 full time members of the team who carry out most of the grass cutting, hedge cutting and they also oversee the rewilding and animal husbandry.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for a position where they can make full use of their horticultural skills .
The Estate is undergoing extensive changes with large areas of rewilding well underway , a vineyard which will produce wine in the next 2 years and a winery.
There will also be an education centre completed soon ,so children and adults can learn and enjoy the Estate’s vision and creation.
Animals are also an important part of the Estate and rare breed sheep and cattle graze the natural parkland.
Accommodation is available within a newly built, family house a short walk from the gardens.
- To manage the formal gardens- roses, water features, pergola with climbers, a huge variety of shrubs, ornamental trees and cutting garden
- To manage the kitchen garden, greenhouse and propagation
- To provide colour and display for walkways, leisure areas and around the main house
- To design and create new gardens around the Estate
- To replenish certain areas and continue to improve on previous planting
- Reliable, enthusiastic and passionate about horticulture
- Happy to work within a small ,energetic , young team as well as alone a lot of the time
- Horticulturally qualified
- Experienced within walled gardens, kitchen gardens, vegetable growing, fruit trees etc
- Happy to work around the Estate as part of a close team
- Will have grass care experience and be able to use large garden machinery when required
If you have all the above qualities and would enjoy a real country lifestyle with like minded people , then please apply now.
A very competitive salary will be offered.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997