Full Time experienced Groom required for family competition yard located near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. There are 7/8 event horses that compete at a high level from Novice to 4*, so someone who understands the demands this involves is a must.
A great opportunity to join this small established team in the most wonderful location which also boasts fabulous facilities including a cross country course.
- All yard work to a high standard
- Clipping, plaiting, trimming and pulling-competition level
- Preparing horses for travel and accompanying to events
- Studding up and ensuring the correctness and safety of tack
- Washing off and cooling down following cross country
- Organising the lorry to assist rider on the day
- Lunging at home and events
- Hacking fit competition horses
- Warming up for rider during training sessions at times
- Checking for illness or injury and taking necessary action
- Reporting to owners on a regular basis
- Will have proven competition yard experience
- Will have excellent turn out skills-5* level
- Lorry driver ( 7.5T)
- Good rider
- Organised, dedicated, enthusiastic with a genuine love for eventing
- Happy to travel to events at weekends during the season
- A good team player but capable of using own their initiative
- Friendly and easy to get along wit
- Cool, calm personality to ensure competition days are a pleasure for all involved
A generous salary will be offered to the successful person with fully checkable reference.
Accommodation available if required. Partner welcomed and gardening work could be offered.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997