Enthusiastic, energetic and practical person required for a rural private country house near Cambridge – Cambs/Suffolk/Essex border.
We are looking for a person with a ‘can do’ attitude who can help inside and outside and we can create a job spec to suit your circumstances.
This is a live in position and a self-contained apartment will be available to the successful person
The duties are very varied but will include the following:
– Being responsible for the holiday cottage bookings (shared with an agency) and changeover – housework, laundry, ironing and set up to ensure it is immaculate for new guests. The holiday cottage is on site – no travel required.
– Helping in the garden with tasks such as mowing, leaf blowing, strimming, pool maintenance, log chopping and edging.
– General help within the main house such as polishing, cleaning inside windows, changing lightbulbs and fire laying.
– Security of the property during owners’ absence and caring for the two dogs including walking.
– Flexibility to help at weekend entertaining when required and undertaking local errands.
– General buildings and outside maintenance of garden machinery, car cleaning and sheds.
We are able to provide 30-40 hours a week but this role has the opportunity to increase over time.
We are a busy family with grown up children and looking for a reliable, trustworthy and positive person who can work on their own initiative but also be happy taking instructions. It is suitable for a single person but we are also happy for a couple to share this role or to have a person whose partner is employed locally. The accommodation provided is (small) dog friendly.
Uk driving licence and car required as rural location
Please contact Jackie on 07979 501997 for more information