Part Time Groom/Rider required for private yard located between Solihull and Warwick. The yard has 5 horses ( 3 in work-2 retired) and a small established team of grooms already employed. The new groom must be a real team player, with a good work ethic and easy to get along with.
There will always be 2 grooms working so this is not an isolated position, however the yard/farm are in a rural location.
The hours will be 2/3 days week to include one weekend day. Complete weekends off will be arranged on a rota basis.
The yard has excellent facilities making a groom’s working environment really good, these include 2 arenas (indoor and outdoor). Good hacking.
The Position will involve:-
- All yard work to a high standard – mucking out etc
- Exercising horses both on the ground and ridden
- Clipping, plaiting, trimming etc
- Bandaging for competition and travel
- Following feeding and exercise regimes
- Keeping yard, arenas and paddocks clean and tidy
- Tack cleaning and making sure always safe to use
- Liaising with vet, farrier etc and assisting with their visits
The Person will be:-
- Reliable, punctual, enthusiastic and a real team player
- A good, confident rider to exercise fit horses
- Up to speed with first aid skills
- Able to follow instructions and use own initiative when required
- A car driver with own transport
- Able to turn horses out to a high standard
A good salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable equestrian references.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997