WORKING ESTATE FOREMAN / MANAGER
Working as part of a small team, the estate is to be managed and maintained in an environmentally friendly manner with game and nature conservation high on the list of objectives. The number one priority will be to keep the estate looking immaculate at all time.
Grassland / Park Management to include:
- Grazing management (licensed users)
- Conservation of winter feed
- Field records associated with grassland management
- Maintain fencing / gates and other field boundaries
- Monitor and maintain drainage as appropriate
Other Estate Management duties to include, although not exclusively:
- Woodland and hedging maintenance and management including chainsaw work, tree guards, staking etc
- Track and road maintenance – weekly sweeping of all drives
- Tree management – staking, spraying, watering etc
- Grass cutting along drives / roadside and margins
- Public footpath maintenance
- General estate maintenance and repair
- Assisting the Gamekeeper in running the shoot where appropriate including working on shoot days
- Keeping the farmyard buildings tidy and in good repair, including painting when required
- Keeping the farmyards swept
- Cleaning and general maintenance of farm vehicles and equipment
- Helping with the contracted arable operation – harvest – margin establishment – game cover – drilling
- Estate security
- Responsible for one / two other team members – allocation of tasks / time management / supervision
You should ideally be proficient in all tasks or be prepared to undertake training. Good record keeping skills are essential and you should possess good computer skills/ You should be able to maintain a safe working environment for yourself and other staff employed or sub-contracted. It is vital that you work as part of the Estate team and are willing to undertake other duties when necessary.
Please contact Jackie at email@example.com for further information.