Couple required for farming family based in Hertfordshire.
The ideal couple will be reliable, trustworthy with very good communication skills. They must work well independently but also be happy working as part of a team. Flexibility and the ability to turn their hands to many things is a requirement of this role.
The family have 3 businesses with the main based in Borehamwood although the accommodation for the couple will be in Hertford.
We are looking for an experienced couple to carry out the following duties listed below to a high standard.
- Cleaning, vacuuming, mopping,dusting and polishing
- Laundry, ironing, making and changing beds
- Hosting and serving and dinners and lunches
- From time to time there will be a requirement to prepare meals for the workforce-peak times such as harvest
- House sitting
- Caring for pets so must be dog and poultry friendly!
- Driving related duties
Gardening and general
- A good knowledge of plant species and their care essential
- Experience with all aspects of garden maintenance- grass cutting, shrub/border care, weed control, hedge cutting, seeding and planting, litter picking and general tidying around the grounds of the Estate.
- Ensure all machinery and equipment are used correctly and maintained in good condition, Carry out safety checks.
- Basic household maintenance
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Pet Care ( Poultry and dogs)
- Housesitting when owners away.
Although the farm is in a rural location, access to London is very easy and quite close, so plenty of opportunities to explore on days off.
This is a 5 day week position for the successful couple, however this will include weekend when necessary with days taken in lieu during the week.
A competitive package will be offered along with accommodation on site.C