Part time, experienced and well referenced Gardener required for superb Norfolk Estate, near Saxthorpe.
Days: 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
Hours: 7.30-1600 with half an hour paid break either for lunch or a morning break.
Employed, permanent position
The Gardener, working with an existing Gardener/Handyman, will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and presentation of the gardens at this beautiful Norfolk Estate. The Estate consists of 15 acres including a one acre, walled, productive kitchen garden.
The successful person will be responsible for health, safety and risk assessment in all operations relating to the maintenance of the gardens.
The Gardener will work closely with the Gardener/Handyman who works the same three days a week.
In addition to the work on the Estate, management of the landscape and public realm in the local village will be required as described below.
- Undertake all garden maintenance tasks, including weeding, planting, watering, mulching, applying pesticides, herbicides, gravel board repairs and fertilizers.
- Propagation, installing and maintaining seasonal plants.
- Mowing the lawns
- Hedge cutting
- New planting
- Garden design
- Soft landscaping and co-ordinating hard landscaping
- Vegetable gardening
- Maintenance of items such as garden furniture and fencing
- Managing the work of external contractors including the Salle Estate.
- Managing and prioritising the work with the Gardener/Handyman
- Consideration given to recruiting volunteers
- Liaison with Salle Estate about spraying the drives
- Swimming pool – biweekly maintenance during the summer.
Additional help for the surrounding village includes:
- Organising the strimming round the posts on the village green
- Spraying of the car parks and public realm
- Management of the gardens of empty properties – weeding, spraying paths and mowing grass.
To apply, please send your CV to Rebecca via email@example.com. If you require any additional information please use the same email address or call Rebecca 07771 655879