Full Time Gardener/Groundsperson required for large private Estate located approx 4 miles North of Huntingdon.
We are looking for an experienced person who can work Monday to Friday – 07.30 am to 16.30 pm with an earlier finish on Friday.
This position requires the Gardener/Groundsperson to travel to various sites owned by the Estate rather than being based in one location. Tending several gardens rather than just the main Estate gardens.
- To take full responsibility for all the trees, and hedges, grass and weeding maintenance on sites owned by the Estate. Including flower bed maintenance with an interest in plant varieties.
- To ensure all gates, fencing and signage are well maintained and clean around the site.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness, upkeep, and maintenance of all external areas.
- To report any issues to the line manager, or subsequent departments for any repairs or maintenance.
- To take the lawn mower to the various sites by trailer/truck.
- To assist when required with setting up and management of Estate run events.
- To ensure you are fully trained and can operate within all Health and Safety guidelines.
- A good team player who can also work using their own initiative
- Someone with previous experience in a similar role
- Able to maintain each of the sites owned by the Estate-formal garden areas, including walk tracks, hedge trimming, and general garden duties
- Happy to carry out a variety of tasks, with no 2 days being the same, so plenty of variety.
- Able to manage the high standards required by the Estate
- Confident and competent with all large machinery use
- Will have a good knowledge of plants and their care
- Will be a car driver with a clean licence
- The position can involve heavy work at times, so the successful person must be physically fit.
A good salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
23 days paid holiday , a stakeholder pension scheme and training when required will be included.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997 / email@example.com