Full Time experienced Groundsman/Gardener and occasional driver required for private country house approx 20 minutes from Bury St Edmunds heading towards Lavenham .
The ideal person will be required to work Monday to Friday ( 3 weeks out of 4) with the flexibility to work at weekends the other week when necessary. The hours are usually 8am to 4pm however the availability to work between 7am and 7pm at times is essential.
The property is a beautiful period Manor House with extensive grounds including formal gardens and parkland/meadowland.
The successful person must be able to operate and maintain large machinery and have a good knowledge of lawn care,paddock and meadow maintenance. Someone who can mend fences, keep ditches clear and generally keep the grounds immaculate throughout the year.
We are looking for someone who is happy working outside in all weathers and understands the demands of working with the seasons.
The duties will include :
- All grass care – formal and parkland- use of tractor mower
- keeping fences and gates in good order
- using and maintaining large garden machinery – mowers, strimmers, hedgecutters, chainsaws , quad etc
- Driving the family occasionally
- Keeping ditches, paths and driveways clear and in good order
- Pest control experience – gun licence would be good
- Helping in the garden as necessary – pruning weeding,planting etc
- Maintaining swimming pool area
- Helping with the family dogs
The ideal person will be reliable and work well within a very small team and alone at times. Must be able to use their own initiative and have a good work ethic.
Interviewing now for start date to be agreed
Tel Jackie 07979501997