Country Couple (Groom / Estate Maintenance) required for beautiful estate in Norfolk. The position is to support a busy family who have a very smart, fully functioning mini estate and a collection of lovely animals, in particular horses and dogs.
Between them the couple will be required to look after the family’s top level competition horses, paddocks, stables and gardens and keep everything running smoothly throughout the year. There are other full and part time staff members on the estate so the couple must be happy to join a small, very friendly team.
This is a brilliant opportunity that would suit two very experienced people who are hard working, reliable, friendly with excellent communication skills. Both positions are full time and will include evening checks and weekends.
This role would be best suited to those who have worked in this environment previously and know how to run an estate. Experience with horses and dogs is imperative. Those without equine experience will not be considered.
- General maintenance of the grounds and gardens
- All year care of grass, paddocks, fencing, spraying, rolling etc
- General gardening – weeding and cutting back.
- Hedge cutting and chopping logs.
- Feeding and walking dogs
- Vermin Control
- Tractor driving
- Evenings checks/security as and when required
- Helping on the yard – mucking out, feeding, tack cleaning, riding (if a good rider although can be non riding)
- Turning horses in and out of the field
- Good understanding of illness/lameness
- Evening checks
- General errands
- Generally mucking in and helping the family as and when required
28 days holiday on and a competitive salary for an experienced couple on offer.
Clean driving licences and fully checkable references essential.
LIVE IN ROLE
Beautiful accommodation included.
For more information, please contact Rebecca 07771 655879 / firstname.lastname@example.org