Full Time, experienced House Manager required for private household located in the beautiful North Norfolk countryside.
The successful person will be responsible for overseeing the general operations and smooth running of the home.
Excellent communication skills essential and the ability to read the family’s requirements in advance. There is an established housekeeping team with whom the House Manager will share the duties in the house.
Regular liaising with the Principal’s PA will be required.
- Ensure that the household is always represented to the highest standard, providing a warm welcome for the family and all other visitors.
- Working as the right hand to the Principals.
- Managing household calendars.
- Handling household bills and general admin duties.
- Arranging parcel collection and couriers.
- Overseeing a general household budget.
- Recruitment and supervision of other household staff (such as cleaners, household assistants, external contractors etc).
- Occasional child and pet sitting, walking dogs etc.
- Liaising with other staff members (Events Manager, Business PA) on private (and occasional public) event planning.
- Provision of visitor refreshments, returning house to order after visits.
- Occasional cooking of simple meals for the family.
- Ensuring the tables are properly protected, along with the glass, silver, candlesticks and linen.
- Arranging the necessary help to move furniture safely when required for events, redecoration, or repair.
- Inspecting the house regularly for leaks, pests, faulty light bulbs, taps etc.
- Minor maintenance jobs such as watering the tubs and pots around the house and grounds
- At the Principals, request overseeing the visits of some contractors, trades people etc keeping a list of visits and timings.
Security, Health and Safety:
- Overseeing day to day security and presentation of the house including opening and closing for the day.
- Liaising with Office Manager to make sure that compliance matters are adhered to, including health and safety checks, fire extinguisher servicing etc
- Scheduling routine maintenance and repair work with property maintenance manager.
- Maintain security when Principals are away by staying overnight in the house when possible.
A driver with a clean licence is essential and the ability to drive both manual and automatic cars as school runs will be required on a rota basis.
The successful person must like children and dogs and be friendly, with a good work ethic. An understanding of the importance of maintaining strict confidentiality is a great importance.
A generous salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
Please contact Rebecca for further information on 07771 655879 / email@example.com