Full Time experienced Head Gardener required for private country estate located between Marlow and Henley on Thames , Buckinghamshire. The property and gardens overlook the stunning Chiltern Hills, so this is a fabulous location to live and work.
We are looking for a skilled gardener with RHS qualifications to manage this beautiful, established 8 acre ornamental garden designed by Jinny Blom.
The garden comprises several areas, all of which require high standard maintenance to keep them looking exceptional at all times. This is a full time position and accommodation is available on site (3 bedroom cottage).
This would suit someone with passion and a genuine love of using their horticultural skills. The owner adores their garden and is looking for a gardener who takes pride in their work with an enthusiastic approach.
As much as possible the garden is managed organically, so a gardener with an environmentally friendly approach would be preferred.
- Formal lawn care, using large garden machinery including ride on mower, strimmer etc
- Formal border care- weeding, pruning, cutting back, spraying, restocking etc
- Cutting garden- ensuring flowers available for the house
- Greenhouse management
- Vegetable growing- providing produce for the house
- General tidying around the property – terraces, pathways and leisure areas
- Spraying – mostly organically but some areas still chemically treated
- Reliable, enthusiastic with a good work ethic
- Friendly and good to have around
- Happy to follow instructions but also able to work using their own initiative
- RHS qualified, with excellent horticultural skills
- Will be able to manage a small team but be very much hands on
- Experienced with using garden machinery.
- Experienced with topiary.
- Will have a keen eye for detail and have the ability to keep the garden in immaculate order
- Will understand the seasons and know what and when things need doing
- Will have spray certificates PA1 and PA6
- Car driver
A generous salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
A partner employed elsewhere would be welcome.
Tel Jackie 07979501997 / email@example.com