Full Time Building Manager required for large private Estate located in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
The Estate has just over 8500 acres and the successful person will be responsible for managing the building and maintenance team, who maintain over 130 residential properties, 51 commercial units and 52 miscellaneous lets.
This is a full time role and the hours will be 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Thursday with an earlier finish Friday at 16.00. The role will require some flexibility around working commitments during out of hours or weekend on call working to support tenants.
- To manage the building and maintenance team, ensuring all properties are maintained to a high standard.
- To motivate the team, creating equitable working environments and diverse teams.
- To carry out duties to meet Health and Safety regulations and Employment practices.
- To maintain a critical but constructive relationship with the Farms Manager and Property Manager.
- To work with external consultants being confident around discussions around future plans.
- To prepare the Annual Property Maintenance Budget and assist with the preparation of the farming budget.
- To check invoices/expenses against schedules under direction of the Property Manager.
- To be confident dealing with crisis situations relating to properties and dealing with.
- To coach and mentor team members. To supervise to check standard of work.
- To be hands on with all trades required-plumbing and heating.
- To have other trade skills – general building works etc
- Reliable, enthusiastic and a good team leader with at 5 years of people management experience.
- Polite with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to use technology confidently and understand project management.
- Will have excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Will be self motivated and able to adapt quickly to a highly pressurised environment.
- A car driver with full UK licence
- Will have a good knowledge of trades.
- Will offer integrity, honesty and value driven.
A good salary will be offered to the successful person who can provide fully checkable references.
Tel Jackie 07979 501997 or Sophie 07889 849175